Things Previous Inhabitants Have Left Me
- A small, yellow trash can. I can’t be sure about this one, but the other desk in the room doesn’t have one, so I’m guessing.
- A short length of CAT-5 cable, which is the perfect length to jack into the ‘net.
- A horizontal hook thingy attached to the metal shelf I’m using; it’s where I hang my hand towel.
- A handful of miscellaneous hangers in the closet. I’m not actually using the closet, but I use two of the hangers to dry my bath towels on.
- A small cushion, which I’m using to make this office chair less uncomfortable.
- A clear pushpin, stuck in the wall. I finally stashed it in the desk.
- Labels, written in German, affixed to the desk drawers, telling me what was stored in which drawer at some point.
Things I’ve Had To Buy Since Arriving
- A towel (for shower purposes).
- A pair of house slippers.
- A three-section foam mattress to put under my futon so I don’t wake up in agony.
- Paper towels.
- Diphenhydramine and batteries (AKA two things I should have brought with me).